EL AL First Class Wine Takes the Gold - EL AL Wins the Gold Medal for Best Dessert Wine Served in Premium Class for 2013
The Competition Was Held in London by Business Traveller Magazine
In Addition, EL AL Wins the Bronze Medal for the Best White Wine Served to First Class Passengers as well as the Bronze Medal for Selection of Wines
Yarden Heightswine (vintage 2011) of the Golan Heights Winery earned EL AL the prize for the Best Dessert Wine Served in First Class
Yarden Viognier 2011, also took the Bronze for the Best White Wine Served in First Class
EL AL Vice President Customer Service Yehudit Grisaro: “We are proud of EL AL's impressive achievement, ranking it with the leading world airlines.
This success expands the list of prizes that we have won in wine competitions in recent years. We will continue to invest in this area in the future as well in order to continue to earn these distinguished titles while maintaining the very highest standards."
The Business Traveller magazine competition is held annually. As part of the competition a team of professional tasters chooses the best wines from among those served in Business Class and First Class of airlines around the world.
EL AL is pleased to promote the Israeli wine industry and is proud to present its passengers and tourists to Israel with a taste of the excellent made-in-Israel wines. EL AL's wine list is based exclusively on the wines of Israel.
In this year’s competition, 75 international airlines participated and 28 reached the finals, including Qantas, Air New Zealand, Cathay Pacific, Emirates and others.
EL AL's achievements follow other titles won by the airline during the past 3 years:
2011 - Global Traveler magazine for Business Class and luxury travelers:
- First Place for the white wine served in First Class Cellars in the Sky competition of Business Traveler in Budapest:
- Third Place for wine served in Economy Class
- Second Place for white wine served in Business Class
- Second Place for red wine served in Business Class
- Special mention for the selection of wines
- Cellars in the Sky competition of Business Traveler in Budapest:
- Gold Medal: red wine served in Economy Class – Cabernet Sauvignon of Barkan Winery
- Gold Medal: white wine served to Business Class passengers – Chardonnay Upper Galilee of RecanatiWines on the Wing competition of Global Traveler in New York:
- One of the five best red wines served to First Class passengers with Merlot Shiraz Cabernet of the Yatir Winery
- One of the five best red wines served to First Class passengers with The Chosen of the Binyamina Winery
- Wines on the Wing competition of Global Traveler in New York:
- One of the five best red wines served to First Class passengers with The Chosen of the Binyamina WineryCellars in the Sky competition of Business Traveler in London:
- Gold Medal for dessert wine served in First Class – Yarden Heightswine of the Golan Heights Winery
- Bronze Medal for white wine served in First Class – Yarden Viognier of the Golan Heights Winery
- Bronze Medal for the selection of wine served in the air