Please note that all claims must be submitted in writing within the timeframe
set forth below.
- Claims for missing items or damage to your baggage must be submitted in writing
within seven days of receiving the baggage.
- Claims for delayed baggage must be submitted within twenty-one days of receiving
- Claims for lost baggage should be made only after twenty-one days have elapsed.
Matmid Club members, to help us provide quick and efficient service, please identify yourself when making a request - click here for the form.
If you are not a Matmid member click here.
For missing baggage status, click here
All claims must include copies of the following (please retain the originals until
your claim has been settled) :
- Flight ticket(s) and/or boarding pass(es)
- Baggage tag(s)
- Report filed at the airport (Property Irregularity Report and/or Damage Report)
- Applicable receipts to support your claim
All claims will be handled in accordance with the General Conditions of Carriage and international conventions and laws which determine airlines’ limits of liability.
In the event that you fail to provide all of the documents or information requested by us, we reserve the right to dismiss your claim in whole or in part.
Claims may also be submitted in writing to the EL AL office nearest your place
of permanent residence.
- For the office nearest you, click here.
- Passengers residing in the United States should submit their claims to
EL AL’s New York office.
- Israeli residents and passengers residing in a country without an EL AL
representative should submit claims to EL AL's Head Office.
You may download and print out a claim form here.
Para Español, haga clic aquí.
For more details, please contact your local EL AL office or our Baggage Service Center:
USA: 1-800-223-6700 (Option 1, 4 and 3)
Sunday to Thursday: 8:30am – 23:45pm
Friday: 8:30am – 15:45pm
Saturday: 16:00pm – 23:45pm
We are always at your service.