Dear EL AL Cargo Customer,
As we have been affected critically by the soaring fuel prices, we have no choice but to update the surcharge.
EL AL's pricing update policy is calculated according to the price per gallon. With every rise exceeding 13 cents per gallon the fuel surcharge is updated. We would like to point out that the fuel surcharge is calculated according to kilograms, while valuations are made according to cost of flight per hour. Therefore, the updated price for distant destinations will be higher. At the same time, we must point out that for our destinations as a whole, the fuel surcharge does not compensate for the increase in valuation.
More information regarding the EL AL fuel mechanism is located in
EL AL Cargo's website here link.
The Fuel Surcharge will be increased by Euro 0.05/kg from Europe, USD 0.08/kg from Transatlantic and Far East origins. The increase is effective as of JUL 08th,2008 as follows:
- From Israel to EUR destinations the FSC will be USD 1.30 p/k.
- From Israel to T/A, F/E destinations the FSC will be USD 1.65 p/k.
- From Europe to Israel the FSC will be Euro 1.25 p/k . (*).
- From U.S.A/Canada to Israel the FSC will be USD 1.65 p/k.
- From Far East to Israel the FSC will be USD 1.65 p/k . (*)
- From South Africa to Israel the FSC will be USD 1.65 p/k.
(*) or equivalent in local currency.
Our Customers Service will gladly provide you with any further information you may require :
972 3 977 1177.
Thank you for your understanding in this matter,
We look forward to your continued support.
EL AL Cargo.
The relevant date is the date of the flight and not the AWB’s issuing date.