- Arrival at airport just one and a half hours before departure. Nevertheless, considering the stringency of the check-in process by authorities in Israel and around the world, we recommend that you arrive at the airport as early as possible. The check-in counters are open beginning four hours before flight departure.
- Flight check-in at the King David Club counters and/or Business Class counters, at stations with such counters.
- Seat selection 12 months before departure date.
- Preferential treatment at all EL AL offices in Israel and overseas.
- Hospitality and light refreshments in the King David Lounges at Ben-Gurion Airport (Tel Aviv), in EL AL’s prestigious King David Lounges in New York, London and Paris only before their EL AL flights. Passengers must hold flight tickets with the LY code.
- At airports that don't have EL AL hospitality lounges, you may enjoy the hospitality of the local airport lounges before your EL AL flight, in coordination with EL AL representatives on the spot.
- Hospitality for one accompanying passenger (over 2 years of age) as a guest in the Lounge.
- At the King David Lounge at Ben-Gurion Airport, the following services are available: communications services, a selection of publications, transport to the plane, a Matmid Service Center etc.
The registration to King David club is through EL AL service center 972-3-9771111
As of July 1, 2014 it will not be possible to purchase membership in the
King David Club. As of August 12, 2014 Silver members of the Matmid Frequent
Flyer Club are entitled to join the King David Club for an annual payment of $500.
- Silver members may join the King David Club with a 50% discount within 3 months of the date their Matmid Gold membership expired.
- Until December 31, 2014 members may be accompanied by one other passenger, at no cost.
- Entry of additional accompanying passengers (two or more) before EL AL flights is permitted for a payment of 60 Matmid points per person.
The policy for hosting Silver members in the lounges will be updated
on January 1, 2015. As part of the changes, it will be possible to host
up to 20 accompanying passengers annually, at no cost.
- Hospitality in overseas lounges is allowed only before EL AL flights.
- When entering the lounge a maximum number of accompanying passengers will be permitted according to the annual allocation; the number of entries will be counted as of January 1, 2015.
- Entry for additional accompanying passengers (above the permitted allocation) before EL AL flights will be permitted in exchange for 100 points per person.
- Up to two accompanying passengers may be admitted for points for each EL AL flight (above the permitted allocation).
Members as well as members who have already purchased membership in the King David Club will continue to enjoy the service as long as their membership is valid.