New York, NY - August 22, 2011 - EL AL Israel Airlines'
Resident Chef Moshe Segev, who is based in Israel, is sharing his recipe for a delicious and cool watermelon cocktail that can easily be prepared. The following are the fresh ingredients (which can also be made without the vodka):
- 1 cup of sweet watermelon cubes (dice in approx. ½ inch size)
- 1 cup of sweet watermelon cubes (dice in approx. 1 inch size)
- 1 cup of lime flavored soda
- 2 cups of crushed ice
- 1/3 cup of fresh lemon juice
- 5 large spearmint leaves, shredded
- 1/4 cup of premium vodka
- In a large bowl mix the soda, vodka, lemon juice and spearmint.
- Add the small watermelon cubes and stir for 3 minutes, slightly crushing the watermelon.
- Add crushed ice and stir.
- Fill margarita glasses with the large watermelon cubes and pour the mixed drink over them. If too sweet, add a little more ice.
- Serve chilled.
In Israel, the award winning chef and television personality Moshe Segev heads up all catering operations for EL AL flights departing Israel. From New York (JFK/Newark), Borenstein Caterers (a daughter company of the airline) freshly prepares gourmet healthy kosher meals for passengers in all classes of service.
Worldwide, EL AL serves award winning in-flight food and wine. Most recently, EL AL received first place from Global Traveler Magazine for serving the "Best International First Class White Wine." The winning wine is Gewurztraminer, which is produced by the Carmel winery located in the northern part of Israel.
For more information, please visit EL AL's recently redesigned website, www.elal.com
, or call 800-223-6700. More information can also be found on EL AL's blog, Skywords with EL AL
, as well as on Facebook (EL AL Israel Airlines USA)
. About EL AL
Celebrating more than 60 years of service, EL AL, Israel's national airline, offers the most nonstop flights between New York (JFK/Newark) and Israel as well as the only nonstop service from Los Angeles. Worldwide, EL AL flies to more than 40 destinations from Israel and serves dozens of other destinations throughout the world (including the USA) via partnerships with many other leading carriers. Only EL AL has first class service on nonstop flights between the U.S.A. and Israel. The airline has annual revenues of about $2 billion and carries 3.6 million passengers every year.
EL AL embodies Israel's values of innovation and the promise of a genuine Israeli welcome. EL AL. It's not just an airline. It's Israel.