The criteria for priority on the list of members entitled to reduced price last-minute upgrades are, in the following order:
- Member status
- Type of ticket purchased
- Number of points accumulated from EL AL flights (basic points) by the member during the preceding 12 months
- Date of registration in the Club (seniority)
Before the last-minute upgrade, it is important to remember:
- Members holding Y, S and M class tickets are eligible for reduced price upgrades to Business Class and members holding C and I tickets are eligible for upgrade to First Class.
- Top Platinum, Platinum, Gold and Silver members who have accumulated 1000 points in 12 consecutive months from EL AL flights only (basic points) are entitled to reduced price upgrades to Business Class.
- Top Platinum, Platinum, Gold and Silver members who have accumulated 1200 points in 12 consecutive months from EL AL flights only (basic points) are entitled to reduced price upgrades to First Class.
- Silver Matmid members who upgrade to Business or First Class are not entitled to Lounge privileges.
- Upgrades from Economy Class to First Class are not allowed under any circumstances.
- Children up to age 12 are not entitled to reduced price last-minute upgrades even if their membership status in the Club would entitle them to such upgrades and even if they are holding full fare tickets that were not purchased with a children's discount.
- Code share flights are not upgradeable
- LY flights ticketed in other airlines are not upgradeable
- We are unable to provide business class meals when the upgrade is done at the last minute.
To view the table listing the number of points per direction required per direction
for Silver, Gold, Platinum and Top Platinum members,
as of January 1, 2013 - Click here.