Please note that when several airlines are involved on a flight route, different baggage rules may be in effect in the course of your journey.
If you are flying with several airlines, please note that baggage regulations may vary during your journey.
It will be up to each carrier to determine the allowance they grant and the allowances can vary from one airline to another.
EL AL will maintain its current free baggage allowance
For EL AL's free baggage allowance policy, please click here
It should be noted that your ticket may reflect different baggage allowances throughout your journey, depending on the carrier operating the flight.
- The free baggage allowance is evident on your ticket, and can also be viewed in the respective carrier's web site.
- Please note: If the baggage allowance does not appear on your ticket, please check with your travel agent or with the respective operating carrier.
- We would like to clarify that the baggage allowance that appears on your flight ticket is based on information provided by other carriers. EL AL bears no responsibility for the accuracy of this information.
- Tickets which have been issued prior to the 1st of April 2011 will be honored in accordance with the free baggage rules which existed at the time.
For your attention:
- Some carriers (mostly American carriers) may impose handling fee per suitcase. Please surf the respective carrier's site for further information.
- Code share flights: In general, the operating carrier determines the free baggage allowance granted to the passenger, except for routes to / from the USA where it is the marketing carrier's free baggage allowance which applies.